Serves: 2 // Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (10 oz) chickpeas, drained
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp saffron
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red chard, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or pan over medium heat
- Add chickpeas and red onion, cooking 2-3 minutes or until onion begin to soften
- Add minced garlic, saffron, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and then chard.
- When chard is starts to wilt, push hash to one side of pan and melt butter and turn heat to medium-low.
- Crack 2 eggs on top of melted butter and slowly cook until sunny side up, or until whites are cooked throughout but yolk is still runny.
- Plate egg on top of chickpea hash, top with parsley and enjoy!